Friday, April 17, 2009

Does Hypnosis Really Work?

The therapeutic use of hypnosis has been recognised in the USA for over fifty years as an effective form of working with the powerful unconscious mind to overcome many unwanted habits, addictions, phobias etc. in a relaxing and quick way.

I think every town in the UK has at least one hypnotherapist and they can even register with BUPA so that those with private health insurance can claim a refund of the therapist's fee.

But few people in Belgium seems to know about hypnotherapy. Sometimes they have seen a stage hypnotist working in entertainment and think that has something to do with it. Many people also tell me it doesn't work. Really?

I have been a therapist in private practice for many years helping clients with the basics like stopping smoking, weight loss, increased self-confidence and self-esteem. I have also helped people overcome fears and phobias, stage fright, exam nerves, bed wetting, nail biting, blushing, improve their golf and several stress-related health problems.

Also the second most important fear after death - public speaking.

I even have a Flemish neurologist attending for therapy so that he can experience it firsthand and thus recommend it to his patients.

Where appropriate I use regression, NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming), Eriksonian and Clinical Hypnosis.

I coach some clients using various techniques to achieve prosperity, improved business or social skills.

Does it work? Most people respond very well but they must take responsibility for their own results. I am not a magician. I am a coach, a guide into the power of the unconscious mind where all change occurs.

I now offer private therapy or coaching sessions in three locations in Belgium: Brussels, Antwerp and Limburg.

Antonia Harrison
http://www.EnglishHypnotherapistBelgium.com
0497 550813

PS Most smokers stop smoking at the first session.

No comments: