Only 12 weeks to go before the start of Flanders' biggest running event! Be sure to join on Sunday 17 April to find out why Antwerp is the running capital of Belgium. In 2010, more than 26,000 runners competed in the different races.
9.30am: DVV Antwerp Marathon
1.00pm: Chiquita Kids Run 1 km (6-12 years old)
1.30pm: DVV Antwerp Short Run 5 km
2.30pm: ASICS Ladies Run 5 km
3.30pm: DVV Antwerp 10 Miles
> Click here to register
10 reasons to choose Antwerp as your spring marathon!
Still deciding which marathon to run in the Spring? Go for the DVV Antwerp Marathon:
1. New, fast and flat course. Measured by the IAAF.
2. Pacemakers for every level: 2.59hrs, 3.15hrs, 3.30hrs, 3.45hrs, 3.59hrs, 4.15hrs and 4.30hrs.
3. Slower runners are also welcome. The time limit is 6 hours.
4. Refreshment stations every 2.5 km (!)
5. Beautiful finish in Antwerp's wonderful Grand Place.
6. Comfortable and sufficient shower capacity, exclusive for marathon runners.
7. Qualitative SportFit T-shirt and beautiful finisher medal for each participant.
8. Only major Runners Expo in Belgium (900 m²) on 23, 24 and 25 April.
9. A free Bolleke De Koninck (Belgian special beer) after the race.
10. According to the international travel guide Lonely Planet Antwerp is one of the most interesting cities in the world. You have 42.195 km to discover it.
Are you already planning your autumn marathon?
Then don't miss the Brussels Marathon & Half Marathon on Sunday 2 October. A fabulous course, refreshment stations every 2.5 km, and the most beautiful finish in the world: the Grand'Place (Market Square).
Still not sure? Read what Katharina Rosenkranz, a 2010 participant, had to say about the experience: "It was a great race today, most of all thanks to the fantastic organization of the event. Everything was perfect from registration to the finish line. Thanks for the water and drinks, the covers to keep us warm at the finish line...and the medal. You have done a great job and made a fantastic race possible."
> Click here to register for the Brussels Marathon & Half Marathon 2011!
Visit Living in Belgium for information on what's on in Belgium and interesting items about life in this quirky country.